The Pongo Fund Has Expanded Our Urgent And Emergency Response And Statewide Distribution Due To COVID-19 Pandemic, Economic Recession And Oregon Wildfires.
***PLEASE SEE BELOW FOR JUNE PET FOOD BANK DATE.
***PLEASE NOTE THAT FACE MASKS ARE REQUIRED AT THE PONGO FUND.
The Pongo Fund Pet Food Bank is dedicated to keeping people and their pets together during the toughest of times. We are not a government agency and we do not receive government funding. We are a volunteer driven public charity working from a 4,000 square foot warehouse, along with 100 different satellite locations throughout the community. We have provided more than 21 million high-quality meals for 175,000 animals during the past eleven years, and we will do our very best to help you too. However, please remember we are not a full-time pet food provider but rather a supplemental resource only, and there is a limit to the number of times we are able to help. We maintain an extensive inventory of high-quality food, including prescription diets and specific proteins. If you have questions about our food or guidelines, please contact us so we can answer any questions before you arrive.
Here’s what you need to know before visiting The Pongo Fund Pet Food Bank:
- The Pongo Fund provides more than 2,000,000 high-quality pet food meals each year and we look forward to helping you too.
- We require that you treat everyone at The Pongo Fund with courtesy and respect.
- The Pongo Fund is a NO SMOKING area and we have NO RESTROOMS available.
- We love animals but space is limited, so please do not bring your pets with you.
- Please read the following information carefully. If you have further questions please email and let us know and we’ll do our best to help. Our email address is email@example.com
- FIRST VISIT: If this is your first visit, please call us (503-939-7555) at least 7 days in advance of our next scheduled pet food bank so we can complete paperwork before you arrive. Please note we will ask questions of a personal nature about you and your pets to ensure we can provide the best service. On the day of your first visit, please plan to arrive at 10:30am.
- FOLLOW UP VISITS: After your first visit you may arrive anytime between 12:00 – 1:00pm.
- For health and safety and other community benefit, we prefer the animals we help have been spayed or neutered, unless deemed unsafe due to age or other issues. If your animals are not spayed or neutered we can help you get that done. If your pets have already been spayed or neutered please let us know.
- We will always provide you with the highest quality food, and as much food as our guidelines allow.
- We are unable to provide food for multiple family members and/or for pets belonging to multiple people living at the same address.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to directly access our services, but we do provide food to many different food pantries and other organizations that maintain their own age guidelines.
- Our mailing address is PO Box 9000, Portland, Oregon 97207.
- Our pet food bank address is 3632 SE 20th Avenue, Portland Oregon 97202. Telephone 503-939-7555.
- If you cannot get to our Pet Food Bank please contact these other pet food resources.
What to bring with you:
- If you have it, please bring government issued photo ID.
- If you have it, please bring a current phone, cable or utility bill, mortgage or rent statement, or similar document to verify your address.
- You DO NOT need to have a current address to receive help from The Pongo Fund.
- You DO NOT need to be receiving food stamps to receive help from The Pongo Fund, but if you are, please bring your food stamp card or your current letter of state documentation.
- Please bring a clean, heavy-duty bag, either a paper bag or tote bag. We no longer provide bags.
If you cannot get to our Pet Food Bank please contact these other pet food resources.
2021 Schedule–Upcoming Dates
As a volunteer driven organization The Pongo Fund works from many satellite locations and does not maintain a formal daily schedule, so please call 503-939-7555 for most current information. Our large scale monthly Pet Food Banks are the 4th Sunday of each month, and our next date is:
Sunday, June 27, 2021
The Pongo Fund Pet Food Bank is conveniently located at 3632 SE 20th, Portland, OR, 97202, near SE 20th & Powell Blvd, in the Central Eastside area. We are served by Tri-Met bus lines 9, 10, 17, and also the new Orange Max Line.
Plan your ride with the TriMet Trip Planner.
Disabled or on Medicaid, or facing other challenges? You might qualify for the TriMet Ride Program.