The Pongo Fund Pet Food Bank is dedicated to keeping people and their pets together during the toughest of times. We are not a government agency and we do not receive government funding. We are a volunteer driven public charity working from a 4,000 square foot warehouse, along with 50 different satellite locations throughout the community. We have provided more than 15 million high-quality meals for 155,000 animals during the past ten years, and we will do our very best to help you too. However, please remember we are not your full-time pet food provider, but rather a supplemental resource only. We maintain an extensive inventory of high-quality food, including prescription diets and specific proteins. If you have questions about our food or guidelines, please contact us so we can answer any questions before you arrive.
Here’s what you need to know before visiting The Pongo Fund Pet Food Bank:
- The Pongo Fund provides more than 2,000,000 high-quality pet food meals each year and we look forward to helping you too.
- We require that you treat everyone at The Pongo Fund with courtesy and respect.
- The Pongo Fund is a NO SMOKING area and we have NO RESTROOMS available.
- We love animals but space is limited, so please do not bring your pets with you.
- Please bring a clean, heavy-duty grocery bag with you, either a paper bag or tote bag. We no longer provide bags.
- Please read the following information carefully. If you have further questions please email and let us know and we’ll do our best to help. Our email address is email@example.com
- Our Pet Food Bank is open 10:00am – 1:30pm on the calendar dates listed below, per the following schedule:
- 10:30am–Doors open.
- 12:00pm–Food distribution begins.
- 1:00pm–Last entry ticket given out.
- 1:30pm–Doors close.
- If this is your first visit, please call us (503-939-7555) at least 7 days in advance of our next scheduled pet food bank so we can complete paperwork before you arrive. Please note we will ask questions of a personal nature about you and your pets, to determine eligibility for our services. On the day of your first visit, please plan to arrive no later than 10:30am. After your first visit you may arrive anytime that you wish, as long as it is before 1:00pm.
- For health and other community benefit, we want the animals that we help to be spayed or neutered, unless deemed unsafe due to age or other issues. If your animals are not spayed or neutered we will help you get that done. Please click here for more details: https://www.thepongofund.org/spay-and-neuter/
- If your pets have already been spayed or neutered please bring documentation to confirm this. If you do not have such documentation, please contact the clinic or rescue group or shelter that performed the surgery and they will happily provide you with that documentation. As an alternative, any veterinarian can also provide you with a brief letter confirming this has been done.
- We will always provide you with the highest quality food, and as much food as our guidelines allow.
- We will not provide food for multiple pets belonging to multiple people living at the same address.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to directly access our services, but we do provide food to many different food pantries and other organizations that maintain their own age guidelines.
- Our mailing address is PO Box 9000, Portland, Oregon 97207.
- Our pet food bank address is 3632 SE 20th Avenue, Portland Oregon 97202. Telephone 503-939-7555.
- If you cannot get to our Pet Food Bank please contact these other pet food resources.
Please bring the following items with you, as available, each time you visit:
- Government issued photo ID
- Food stamp card and your current letter of state documentation if you receive food stamps
- A current phone, cable or utility bill, mortgage or rent statement, or a document to verify your address
- A clean, heavy-duty grocery bag, either a paper bag or tote bag. We no longer provide bags.
If you cannot get to our Pet Food Bank please contact these other pet food resources.
2020 Schedule–Upcoming Dates
As a volunteer driven organization The Pongo Fund works from many satellite locations and does not maintain a formal daily schedule, so please call 503-939-7555 for most current information. Our large scale monthly Pet Food Banks are the 4th Sunday of each month, and our next date is:
Sunday, February 23, 2020
The Pongo Fund Pet Food Bank is conveniently located at 3632 SE 20th, Portland, OR, 97202, near SE 20th & Powell Blvd, in the Central Eastside area. We are served by Tri-Met bus lines 9, 10, 17, and also the new Orange Max Line.
Plan your ride with the TriMet Trip Planner.
Disabled or on Medicaid, or facing other challenges? You might qualify for the TriMet Ride Program.