PLEASE NOTE THAT AREA VETERINARIANS ARE CURRENTLY SCHEDULING THEIR SPAY/NEUTER AND OTHER SURGERIES SEVERAL WEEKS OUT SO IT IS A GOOD IDEA TO GET SCHEDULED ANYWHERE YOU CAN IN CASE THERE IS A CANCELLATION AND THEY CAN GET YOU IN SOONER.
The Pongo Fund provides free lifesaving care for hundreds of animals each year thanks to a mobile medical hospital and network of dedicated veterinarians and medical professionals. On board are two surgical areas, dental equipment, full laboratory, digital xray, pharmacy and more. Please note we are not able to help with each request, but we do our best to help as many as we can. If your pet needs veterinary care or for more information, please reply to the questions below and email us at email@example.com.
If this is an EMERGENCY please scroll down for Emergency Resources and LOW-COST EXAM INFORMATION
Please note that we ask the following questions so we have accurate information. Please answer all questions the best you can. Please copy and paste the below questions into the body of an email and include your answers next to each question and email us back. Please DO NOT include attachments as we do not open attachments.
- Your full legal name, date of birth, home address and telephone number.
- How did you hear about The Pongo Fund? For example, from a neighbor, a social worker, an agency, am a current client, etc.
- The name, breed, weight, sex and age of your pet needing care? For example: Spot, dog, 50 lbs, M, 2 years old
- How long have you had your pet?
- Your pet’s current health condition that needs attention?
- How long has this condition been evident?
- If there was an accident that caused an injury, what was the accident and when and how did it occur?
- Do you currently have a veterinarian? If so, who is it? And when was your last visit?
- Has your veterinarian examined your pet for the current condition you are telling us about now? And if so, what were the findings?
- Where was your pet adopted or purchased from, and when? Specific information is requested. For example: shelter, humane society, rescue group, bought from breeder for $100, friend, found, etc.
- Has your pet received a current rabies vaccination? If so, when and where was it done?
- Is your pet current on other vaccinations? If not, please tell us why not.
- Is your pet spayed or neutered? If not, please tell us why not. (for example, is cost an obstacle, do you plan to breed, vet advises against it due to age or other issues, etc?)
- Is your pet licensed in the county in which you reside?
- What food(s) do you currently feed your pet? Please tell us the specific type and brand(s) if you know them.
- Does your pet have any allergies? If so, have they been tested for these allergies to determine the cause?
- Are you currently employed? If so, where do you work and how many hours do you work per week?
- Are you currently receiving services from any animal welfare group? If so, what group and what services?
- Are you currently receiving any social service or government assistance? If so, what assistance do you receive, and what is the dollar amount?
- How much is your current or average monthly income, and from what specific sources? Please include all income sources.
- How many people live in your home, and what are their ages?
- What is the total monthly income of all adults (over 18) in your home, including wages and social service assistance?
- Do you have other pets? If so, please tell us their name, breed, sex and age?
- Have all pets in your home been spayed or neutered?
- Have you ever been arrested for or charged with a crime against animals?
- Please note that we may schedule a home visit to meet your pets.
- Is there anything else you’d like us to know?
We’ll be back in touch after we receive your information. We receive many requests for help and unfortunately cannot help in all cases, and it could take us several days to be back in touch with you. If this is an EMERGENCY, please review the Emergency Resources below.
*****FREE OR LOW-COST EXAM INFORMATION*****
Please note that Banfield Pet Hospital will provide a FREE EXAM for new clients. To receive your coupon for the free exam, please click this link which will take you to the Banfield website: https://bit.ly/3KbUia7. Once you have the coupon you simply need to contact the location closest to you and schedule your appointment. You are not required to mention the coupon when you make your appointment. The exam can be for any reason whatsoever but it does not include testing, medications or advanced treatment. Please know that an exam is the best first step to diagnose and treat any veterinary concern and will provide a blueprint for next steps going forward. While at Banfield you are not required to authorize any tests or treatments other than the free exam, but the information such exam provides could be helpful in determining your treatment plan going forward. While the free exam has no cash value, it may provide helpful information. Please feel free to contact The Pongo Fund after your exam.
(From Banfield Pet Hospital Website as of 8/22/22: This coupon is good for one office visit and general physical exam. No purchase required. Fees will apply for additional services that customer requests, including diagnostic tests, medications, treatment and hospitalization. Cannot be applied toward membership plan wellness fee or any other charges. Not valid with any other offers. One coupon per person for one new pet patient. Valid for dogs and cats at participating locations in the U.S. No cash value. Void where prohibited by law. Free Office Visit PW#5597. Expires 10/31/22.)
**********IF THIS IS AN EMERGENCY, please contact:**********
- Dove Lewis Animal Hospital; 1945 NW Pettygrove Street, Portland, OR 97209; (503) 228-7281 (24 hour Emergency Hospital)
- Emergency Veterinary Clinic of Tualatin, 8205 SW Tonka Street, Tualatin, OR 97062, 503-691-7922
- VCA Southeast Portland Animal Hospital, 13830 SE Stark Street, Portland, OR 97233, 503-255-8139 (24 hour Emergency Hospital)
- VCA Northwest Veterinary Specialists, 16756 SE 82nd Avenue, Portland, OR 97015, 503-656-3999 (24 hour Emergency Hospital)
- Columbia River Veterinary Specialists, 6607 NE 84th Street #109, Vancouver, WA 98665, 360-694-3007 (24 hour Emergency Hospital)
Multnomah County Animal Services – 503-988-7387
ASPCA Animal Poison Control – 888-426-4435 (a fee may apply)