PLEASE NOTE THAT AREA VETERINARIANS ARE CURRENTLY SCHEDULING THEIR SPAY/NEUTER AND OTHER SURGERIES SEVERAL WEEKS OUT SO IT IS A GOOD IDEA TO GET SCHEDULED ANYWHERE YOU CAN IN CASE THERE IS A CANCELLATION AND THEY CAN GET YOU IN SOONER.
The Pongo Fund provides free lifesaving care for hundreds of animals each year thanks to a mobile medical hospital and network of dedicated veterinarians and medical professionals. On board are two surgical areas, dental equipment, full laboratory, digital xray, pharmacy and more. Please note we are not able to help with each request, but we do our best to help as many as we can. If your pet needs veterinary care or for more information, please reply to the questions below and email us at email@example.com.
If this is an EMERGENCY please scroll down for Emergency Resources and LOW-COST EXAM INFORMATION
- Please note that we ask the following questions so we have accurate details as we review your information. Please answer all questions that you can.
- Your full legal name, date of birth, home address and telephone number.
- How did you hear about The Pongo Fund? For example, from a neighbor, a social worker, an agency, am a current client, etc.
- The name, breed, weight, sex and age of your pet needing care? For example: Spot, dog, 50 lbs, M, 2 years old
- How long have you had your pet?
- Your pet’s current health condition that needs attention?
- How long has this condition been evident?
- If there was an accident that caused an injury, what was the accident and when and how did it occur?
- Do you currently have a veterinarian? If so, who is it? And when was your last visit?
- Has your veterinarian examined your pet for the current condition you are telling us about now? And if so, what were the findings?
- Where was your pet adopted or purchased from, and when? Specific information is requested. For example: shelter, humane society, rescue group, bought from breeder for $100, friend, found, etc.
- Has your pet received a current rabies vaccination? If so, when and where was it done?
- Is your pet current on other vaccinations? If not, please tell us why not.
- Is your pet spayed or neutered? If not, please tell us why not. (for example, is cost an obstacle, do you plan to breed, vet advises against it due to age or other issues, etc?)
- Is your pet licensed in the county in which you reside?
- What food(s) do you currently feed your pet? Please tell us the specific type and brand(s) if you know them.
- Does your pet have any allergies? If so, have they been tested for these allergies to determine the cause?
- Are you currently employed? If so, where do you work and how many hours do you work per week?
- Are you currently receiving services from any animal welfare group? If so, what group and what services?
- Are you currently receiving any social service or government assistance? If so, what assistance do you receive, and what is the dollar amount?
- How much is your current or average monthly income, and from what specific sources? Please include all income sources.
- How many people live in your home, and what are their ages?
- What is the total monthly income of all adults (over 18) in your home, including wages and social service assistance?
- Do you have other pets? If so, please tell us their name, breed, sex and age?
- Have all pets in your home been spayed or neutered?
- Have you ever been arrested for or charged with a crime against animals?
- Please note that we may schedule a home visit to meet your pets.
- Is there anything else you’d like us to know?
We’ll be back in touch after we receive your information. We receive many requests for help and unfortunately cannot help in all cases, and it could take us several days to be back in touch with you. If this is an EMERGENCY, please review the Emergency Resources below.
*****FREE OR LOW-COST EXAM INFORMATION*****
Please note that VCA Animal Hospitals will provide a $25 EXAM for new clients. To receive your coupon for the $25 exam, please click here: https://bit.ly/2V8IqQG. Once you have the coupon you simply need to contact the location closest to you and schedule your appointment. You do not need to mention the coupon when you make your appointment or when you check in. After the exam and during checkout, present the coupon and they will reduce the exam cost to $25. The exam can be for any reason whatsoever but it does not include testing or medications or advanced treatment. Please know that an exam is the best first step to diagnose and treat any veterinary concerns and will provide a blueprint for next steps going forward. Please feel free to contact The Pongo Fund after your exam.
(FROM VCA Website as of 4/21/21: First Exam for new clients only. Offer not good toward any services other than those set forth above including, any emergency and/or specialty veterinary services, board or grooming services, any diagnostics or treatments, or any vaccines, medications, or retail items. Not to be combined with other offers. Offer good for up to two pets (dogs or cats only) per household. Offer good only at a general practice VCA Animal Hospital. For pet owners who are aged 18 and older. No Cash Value.
© 2021 VCA Animal Hospitals, Inc. VCA logo is a registered trademark of VCA Inc. or its affiliated companies.)
**********IF THIS IS AN EMERGENCY, please contact:**********
- Dove Lewis Animal Hospital; 1945 NW Pettygrove Street, Portland, OR 97209; (503) 228-7281 (24 hour Emergency Hospital)
- Emergency Veterinary Clinic of Tualatin, 8205 SW Tonka Street, Tualatin, OR 97062, 503-691-7922
- VCA Southeast Portland Animal Hospital, 13830 SE Stark Street, Portland, OR 97233, 503-255-8139 (24 hour Emergency Hospital)
- VCA Northwest Veterinary Specialists, 16756 SE 82nd Avenue, Portland, OR 97015, 503-656-3999 (24 hour Emergency Hospital)
- Columbia River Veterinary Specialists, 6607 NE 84th Street #109, Vancouver, WA 98665, 360-694-3007 (24 hour Emergency Hospital)
Multnomah County Animal Services – 503-988-7387
ASPCA Animal Poison Control – 888-426-4435 (a fee may apply)