The Pongo Fund is an award winning, volunteer driven non-profit public charity fueled by a passionate group of volunteers who have together donated more than 30,000 hours of dedicated service since November, 2009.
Board of Directors
A. Stan Bland
Animal advocate, Conservationist, Entrepreneur and Community Activist. Board Member, The Oregon Zoo; Board Member, Project Pooch; Board Member, the Bland Family Foundation; past Board Member, Camp Ukandu.
Howard Hedinger (in memory of)
Industrialist and Philanthropist. Honorable defender of those less fortunate, both two legged and four. His best friend is Hero, a career change dog adopted from Guide Dogs for the Blind.
Psychiatric nurse and licensed clinical social worker with expertise in critical care areas including cancer rehabilitation, case management, and mental health. Deeply committed to feeding both people and their pets.
Technology strategist with a long career in international retail and technology operations for companies including Nike, L’Oreal and M Financial Group. Lesley is committed to animal welfare and participates in the efforts of local, national and international groups working on behalf of animals everywhere.
Founder & Executive Director, The Pongo Fund. Advocate, Preservationist and Entrepreneur. Defender and champion of animals everywhere; Lifelong friend of Pongo.
Pongo Chusid & Scooby Chusid
Lifetime Trustees, The Pongo Fund
The Pongo Fund maintains a core group of professional, scientific, economic and social service advisors experienced in a variety of strategic areas including animal welfare and human social service, with additional focus areas including strategy, innovation, finance, hunger, healthcare, homeless services and veterinary medicine. Among others, some of those advisors come from:
- Holland and Knight
- Stoel Rives
- Perkins and Company
- Multnomah County, Regional Leadership
- Multnomah County, Public Health
- Clackamas County, Regional Leadership
- Washington County, Regional Leadership
- Marion County, Regional Leadership
- City of Portland, Regional Leadership
- State of Oregon, Statewide Leadership
- Department of Human Services
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- VCA Animal Hospital
- Willamette Valley Animal Hospital
- Willamette Humane Society
- Marion County Dog Services
- Marion County Food Share
- Dove Lewis
- Oregon Food Bank
- Home Forward
- Northwest Housing Alternatives
- Stefan Oswald: Manager, External Operations
- Andrea Fidel: Manager, Lobby Operations
- Christian Kerr: Manager, Lobby Operations
- Jim Laughlin: Manager, Inventory Fulfillment
- Angela Christiansen: Manager, Inventory Distribution
- Darla Murray: Manager, Inventory Distribution
- Becky Batke: Manager, Inventory Distribution