Here’s what you need to know before visiting The Pongo Fund Pet Food Bank.
- The Pongo Fund provides more than 1,000,000 super high-quality pet food meals each year and we look forward to helping you too.
- We require that you treat everyone at The Pongo Fund with courtesy and respect.
- The Pongo Fund is a NO SMOKING area and we have NO RESTROOMS available.
- We love animals but space is limited, so please do not bring your pets with you.
- Please read the following information carefully. If you have further questions please email and let us know and we’ll do our best to help. Our email address is email@example.com
- Our Pet Food Bank is open 10:00am – 1:30pm on the calendar dates listed below, per the following schedule:
- 10:00am–Line begins and entry tickets provided.
- 10:30am–Doors Open.
- 12:00pm–Food distribution begins.
- 1:00pm–Last entry ticket given out.
- 1:30pm–Doors close.
- If this is your first visit, please arrive by 10:30am to complete a Pet Profile Form. Please be patient as you will likely wait in line for some period of time, particularly on your first visit. After your first visit you may arrive anytime that you wish, as long as it is before 1:00pm.
- As much as possible, we require that all animals we help be spayed or neutered, unless deemed unsafe by your veterinarian due to age or other issues. If your animals are not spayed or neutered we will help you get that done. Please click here for more details: http://www.thepongofund.org/spay-and-neuter/
- If your pets have already been spayed or neutered please bring documentation to confirm this. If you do not have such documentation, please contact the clinic or rescue group or shelter that performed the surgery and they will happily provide you with documentation.
- If your pet is a senior and should not be spayed or neutered due to age related or other medical risk, please bring documentation from your veterinarian or social service caseworker stating that your pet cannot be safely spayed or neutered.
- While we do not guarantee the amount of food you will receive, as often as possible we will provide a one month supply as guidelines allow.
- We will not provide food for multiple pets belonging to multiple people living at the same address.
- Our mailing address is PO Box 9000, Portland, Oregon 97207.
- Our pet food bank address is 3632 SE 20th Avenue, Portland Oregon 97202. Telephone 503-939-7555.
- If you cannot get to our Pet Food Bank please contact these other pet food resources.
Please bring the following items with you, as available, each time you visit:
- Government issued photo ID
- Food stamp card and your current letter of state documentation if you receive food stamps
- A current phone, cable or utility bill, mortgage or rent statement, or a document to verify your address
If you cannot get to our Pet Food Bank please contact these other pet food resources.
2017 Schedule–Upcoming Dates
Please note that some details are subject to change, so please always call 503-939-7555 for most current information before attending.
- January 8, 2017
- January 22, 2017
- February 12, 2017
- February 26, 2017
- March 26, 2017
- April 23, 2017
- May 28, 2017
- June 25, 2017
- July 23, 2017
- August 13, 2017
- August 27, 2017
- September 10, 2017
- September 24, 2017
- October 8, 2017
- October 22, 2017
- November 12, 2017
- November 26, 2017
- December 10, 2017
- December 24, 2017
The Pongo Fund Pet Food Bank is served by Tri-Met bus lines 9, 10, 17 and also the new Orange Max Line.