The Pongo Fund is an award winning, volunteer driven non-profit public charity fueled by a passionate group of volunteers that have together donated more than 20,000 hours of dedicated service since November, 2009.
Board of Directors
A. Stan Bland
Animal advocate, Conservationist, Entrepreneur and Community Activist. Board Member, The Oregon Zoo; Board Member, Project Pooch; Board Member, the Bland Family Foundation; past Board Member, Camp Ukandu. Stan is the guardian of two canine friends, Molly the Mutt and Hank the Bulldog.
Emilio DeBess, D.V.M., M.P.H.
State of Oregon Public Health Veterinarian at Oregon Department of Health.
Industrialist and Philanthropist. Honorable defender of those less fortunate, both two legged and four. His best friend is Hero, a career change dog adopted from Guide Dogs for the Blind.
Psychiatric nurse and licensed clinical social worker with expertise in critical care areas including cancer rehabilitation, case management, and mental health. Deeply committed to feeding both people and their pets. Her pack includes felines, Andre and Kali, and canines, Duke, a rescue Ridgeback mix, Stella, an impish Golden Retriever, and husband Dan.
Technology strategist with a long career in international retail and technology operations for companies including Nike, L’Oreal, FatEarth and M Financial Group. Currently serving as Director of Technology Operations, M Financial Group and Vice-President, M Advisory Services. Lesley is committed to animal welfare and participates in the efforts of local, national and international groups working on behalf of animals everywhere. She was befriended by Pickle the Chihuahua in 2007 and is honored to be his chef, chauffer and best friend.
Longtime Senior Human Resources Executive with Norm Thompson Outfitters and The Audigy Group. Currently serves as Assistant Director of Human Resources at Reed College in Portland, Oregon.
Founder & Executive Director, The Pongo Fund. Advocate, Preservationist and Entrepreneur. Defender and champion of animals everywhere; Lifelong friend of Pongo. In 2011 Larry adopted Scooby, a 17 year-old Beagle/Bassett mix aka a Bagle. They are the best of friends.
Lifetime Trustee, The Pongo Fund
Professional Services Team
- J. Alan Jensen, Attorney; Holland & Knight
- Gary Glisson, Attorney; Stoel Rives
- Peter Leichtfuss, Attorney; Peter S. Leichtfuss
- Roy Abramowitz, CPA, CFP; Perkins & Co.
- Michael Birrenkott: Manager, External Operations
- Karen Clark: Manager, Reception
- Stefan Oswald: Manager, Lobby Operations
- Andrea Fidel: Manager, Lobby Operations
- Christian Kerr: Manager, Lobby Operations
- Laurie Radmacher: Manager, Inventory Control
- Amy Mathis: Manager, Inventory Control
- Jim Laughlin: Manager, Inventory Fulfillment
- Darla Murray: Manager, Inventory Distribution
- Laurie Gruenberg: Manager, Inventory Distribution